Our mission is to serve the University of Tennessee community through our comprehensive Title IX Commitment of ensuring access to education.
Utilizing the commission’s report, national benchmarking, and current research, the University of Tennessee has identified our Title IX commitment. Grounded in the Social Ecological Model, the University’s Title IX commitment emphasizes five key areas:
- Policy: Our foundation is in the policy and procedures we follow.
- Prevention & Education: Our goal is to prevent sexual misconduct, relationship violence, stalking, and retaliation before they happen.
- Support & Interim Measures: Our promise is to provide support and appropriate interim measures to individuals involved in the Title IX process.
- Investigation & Resolution: Our commitments to due process, campus safety, and encouraging reporting guide how we investigate and resolve reports.
- Patterns & Trends: Our responsibility is to use the best available research, evidence-based practice, and our own campus and institute trends in our prevention and response efforts.